New development kitchen for the Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre
Seven weeks before the Royal Bath & West Show, we were delighted to tender and win the work for the new development kitchen at the new Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre.
As part of the project we assessed the site and measured up for a commercial kitchen as well as finalising all the preparation, installation and fixtures and fittings that we needed for the work.
A team of ten experienced operatives and apprentices including plasterers, electricians, ground workers, plumbers and uPVC/multi-skilled specialists worked on the kitchen, which was carried out to a strict timescale so that the kitchen was up and running ready to showcase and entertain guests at the Royal Bath & West Show. This showcase project enabled our plumbing and electrical apprentices to carry out something different to their normal day to day work giving them valuable experience as they head into their future careers.
Andy Cressy, Estimator and Project Manager at 3 Solutions commented “we are extremely proud to be part of this local community project at the Bath & West showground. The Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre is a prominent part of the business community and we were thrilled to create a 360ft development kitchen which will enable micro food and drink businesses to expand and grow.”
What did we do?
- To start we had to run a 95 metre cable along the side of the car park to the kitchen, this turned up on a 5ft round reel, which we manoeuvred around the site to enable supplies to get to the kitchen.
- As the Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre is a new build this meant that the ceiling had to be boarded and plastered ready for the development kitchen to be installed.
- Once the preparation had been completed, we installed first and second fix electrics into the room. First fix included inserting cables for the electrical supply to which the second fix elements could then be installed, this included a new consumer unit, lighting, isolation points and multiple sockets.
- Once the electrics had been installed we then cladded all the walls with hygienic cladding boards. These are commonly used in many new build, refurbishment and renovations projects in commercial premises because they can be easily cleaned. In any commercial kitchen and in the new development kitchen, hygiene is of the upmost importance so these fitted the project perfectly.
- In the next phase we laid the safety flooring and installed the plumbing supplies before the main fittings commenced. We then installed a two metre wide extractor fan with 450dia ducting, a steam cooker, fryer, oven and griddle plate. The development kitchen was then completed with two fridges, a freezer, dish washer and two sinks ready for its day to day use.
Emma Corr, Innovation Manager at the Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre commented “we have been very impressed with both the outstanding service and quality of work provided by 3 Solutions Ltd throughout the installation of our Development kitchen. The team proved to be very helpful and cooperative throughout, despite unexpected project changes along the way.”
For more information or if you would like a quote for a new kitchen whether residential or commercial, get in touch today on 01749 344155 or email@example.com.
About the Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre
The Bath & West Rural Enterprise Centre provides a conference and seminar area for up to 80 people, modern development kitchen, a number of meeting rooms and commercial office space for ‘agri food or rurally focused businesses. The Centre will be a valuable facility in supporting the development of agricultural businesses, land–based skills training and micro food and drink companies.
For more information go to http://bathandwestinnovation.com/rural-enterprise-centre to find out more.